|André Lurçat - France|
André Lurçat (1894–1970) studied architecture at the École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris from 1913 to 1923.
His studies were interrupted for military service. After graduation he started to work in the atelier of Robert Mallet-Stevens and Henri Pacon.
In 1928, he became one of the co-founders of the Congrès Internationaux d’Architecture Moderne (CIAM) in La Sarraz.
André Lurçat was made architectural director of medical training buildings in Moscow in 1934. He remained in Russia until 1937.
After the end of the second world war, he was put in charge of reconstruction work in the Département du Nord in France.
Lurçat was among the leading representatives of functionalist architecture in inter-war France.
As a designer, he worked for the Thonet Company, starting in 1929.
1923 - 1928 Maison Gromaire - Paris
1923 - 1928 Maison Huggler - Paris
1926 Maison Townshend - Paris
1926 - 1927 Maison Guggenbuehl - Paris
1932 Werkbund Settlement - Vienna